ABOUT ME

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

MUSIC: Track List on Some Christmas Stuff

Tracklist on stuff I couldn’t find at All Music, mixed tapes of my own and one tape from a friend


Xmas Show (a tape I made for a radio Christmas show I did in college plus some stuff I found later)

Side One
Jingle Bell Jam - ?
Father Christmas – The Kinks
Little Saint Nick – Dr Teeth and The Electric Mayhem (The Muppets)
Santa Claus is Coming to Town – Bruce Springsteen
Santa Claus and His Old Lady Commune – Cheech and Chong
Run Rudolph Run – Dave Edmunds
Sleigh Ride – The Ronettes
Frosty the Snowman – Jackson 5
Wonderful Christmas Time – Paul McCartney
The Twelve Days of Christmas – Bob & Doug McKenzie (Dave Thomas and Rick Moranis)
Jesus – Queen
Happy Xmas (The War is Over) – John Lennon
Auld Lang Syne – Chas and Dave

Side Two
Another Rock N Roll Christmas – Gary Glitter
Ain’t No Sanity Clause – The Damned
One Christmas Catalogue – Captain Sensible
Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth – Bing Crosby and David Bowie
Stille Nacht, Heilige Nacht – Peter Schilling
I Wish It Could be Christmas Every Day – Wizzard
I Believe in Father Christmas – Greg Lake
Do They Know It’s Christmas? – Band-Aid
Do They Know It’s Christmas? Side Two – Band-Aid
All Alone on Christmas – Darlene Love
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas – Mel Torme
It’s Christmas All Over Again – Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers


It’s a Blue Christmas Collection (side one of a tape put together by a Peace Corps buddy of mine who loves the blues – but he didn’t write down any titles and artists, so I’m guessing at the name of the songs and can’t tell you who’s singing most of them) (side two is a collection of gospel music)

Blue Christmas – Elvis Presley
It’s Christmas Eve and I’m Feeling Mighty Fine - ?
I Hear Sleigh Bells Ring - ?
Jingle Bells - ?
Jingle Bells are Ringing - ?
I’ll Be Home for Christmas - ?
Jingle Bells (boogie-woogie piano version) - ?
I Hear Jingle Bells - ?
Christmas Ball Blues – Leon Redbone
Christmas Island – Leon Redbone
Christmas Night in Harlem – Louis Armstrong
Santy Claus, Send My Baby Back to Me - ?
Boogie Woogie Santa Claus - ?
Night Before Christmas (boogie-woogie version) - ?
Happy New Year/Auld Lang Syne - ?
Please Come Home for Christmas - ?


It’s Christmas Time (a tape I found for 50 cents in a Best Buy discount section)

Side One
The Christmas Song – Nat King Cole
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing – Julie Andrews
O Holy Night – Bing Crosby
What Child is This – The Lettermen
White Christmas – Dean Martin

Side Two
Feliz Navidad – Jose Feliciano
God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen – Roger Whittaker
Santa Claus is Coming to Town – Lou Rowls
Frosty the Snowman – The Beach Boys
Jingle Bell Rock – Bill Haley & The Comets




20 Christmas Classics (A Motown collection of Christmas tunes)
White Christmas – The Supremes
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer – The Temptations
Frosty the Snowman – Jackson 5
What Christmas Means to Me – Stevie Wonder
Santa Claus is Coming to Town – Jackson 5
Jingle Bells – Smokey Robinson and The Miracles
Little Christmas Tree – Michael Jackson
Some Day at Christmas – Stevie Wonder
Let It Snow – The Temptations
I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus – Jackson 5
Christmas Lullaby – Smokey Robinson and The Miracles
My Christmas Tree – Diana Ross
Up On the House Top – Jackson 5
Christmas Song – Stevie Wonder
Little Bright Star – Diana Ross and The Supremes
Silent Night – The Temptations
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen – Smokey Robinson and The Miracles
Christmas Won’t Be the Same This Year – Jackson 5
Silver Bells – The Supremes


XMAS (a tape of stuff I got from the radio and the public library)

Side One
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer – The Texas Tornados
Run Rudolph Run – Chuck Berry
The Christians and the Pagans – Dar Williams
The Last Month of the Year – The Fairfield Four
White Christmas – Frank Sinatra
Deck the Halls (reggae style) - ?
White Christmas – Bing Crosby
Rocking Around the Christmas Tree – Darlene Love and Ronnie Spector
Santa Claus is Coming to Town – Cyndi Lauper and Frank Sinatra
Beatles Christmas Greetings 1963
Ding Dong, Ding Dong – George Harrison
Beatles Christmas Greetings 1968
Christmastime is Here Again – The Beatles
- Canned Heat and The Chipmunks
White Christmas – The Drifters
White Christmas (fast-paced boogie-woogie piano version) - ?
Beatles Christmas Greetings 1966
Santa Claus is Coming to Town – Ray Charles
Silent Night – The Byrds

Side Two
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer – Harry Connick, Jr
Feliz Navidad – Freddy Fender
Carol of the Bells – Trans-Siberian Orchestra?
Merry Christmas Girl – Graham Parker
Merry Christmas, Baby – ?
Sled Zeppelin – Bob Rivers
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer – Harry Connick, Jr
Silent Night – Sinead O’Connor
Thanks for Christmas – 3 Wise Men (alias XTC)
Santa’s Beard – They Might Be Giants
Three Ships – Sting
Jingle Bells – Willie Nelson
Silver Bells – Wilson Pickett
Mambo Santa Claus - ?
Ride On Santa - ?
Christmastime is Here Again – The Beatles
Christmas Every Day – The Temptations
Little Drummer Boy – The Temptations

No comments:

Search This Blog

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Music That I've Enjoyed Recently

My Internet Radio Stations


This is a fairly good sampling of some of the music I listen to. It's missing a few genres I like - such as cajun. I'll work on that later. But it does contain most of my favorite artists. I tried to steer away from the better known songs to give you a better idea of what kind of music the artists play, but I was limited by the songs the website - Project Playlist - had available. But if you want to get an idea of what I listen to, just hit the play or arrow button. - OlderMusicGeek

The internet station that does the best of playing my music is Last.fm. Here's my station if you're interested.

This website, OlderMusicGeek Radio on Pandora.com, does a fairly decent job of playing what I like, although they do occasionally play stuff I don't care for, but overall they're pretty good.