ABOUT ME

Sunday, March 09, 2008

MOVIES/VIDEOS: Star Wars According to a 3 Year Old

I don't even remember how I found this. I was surfing through the net. But I loved it and am sharing it with you. It's from YouTube. - OlderMusicGeek

Channel Icon
From: fistofblog
Joined: 1 year ago
Videos: 41
About This Video
Added: February 22, 2008
02/26/08 Update: Wow. What was expected to be a short movie that would circulate within a small circle of friends has turned into something much more very quickly. I'm thrilled that so many people have enjoyed this video but also somewhat mortified that I added this without my daughter's knowledge or consent. Maybe someday she will find some humor in it.

To those who have sent positive comments, thank you very much. You've made us appreciate what we have even more than we already do. To those of you who've said you've changed your mind about having children, well, have at it. :)

She has never seen Pokemon so I don't think she's making a reference to the ball on that show. I think she just means pokey ball as in "a ball that is pokey."


Some comments from YouTube. You actually probably don't want to read all the comments on YouTube, because they have a big, long fight in there about whether the 3 year old was reading from cue cards or being coached what to say. All I can say is those people OBVIOUSLY never had any kids! - OlderMusicGeek

superlardbucket (1 week ago)
copy of Star Wars episode VI: $50:00
Worth of Star Wars as a movie franchise: $1.2 billion
A little girl saying "Don't talk back to Darth Vader 'cause he'll get ya...": Priceless...

dgm4ever (1 week ago)
"Don't talk back to Darth Vader!" -- 3 years old and she already knows more than 90% of the high ranking Imperial Officers.

Here's some far more interesting comments to this video from the A.V. Club website. - OlderMusicGeek

I got no snark on this
by bee man caught in sting
My evil, evil black heart just melted.
12:38 PM Mon February 25, 2008

RE: I got no snark on this
by Fred Garvin
Next week she will break down Hamlet.
12:35 PM Tues February 26, 2008

RE: I got no snark on this
by Plastic Mag
I don't get the appeal... her analysis lacked depth, historical insight, and comparative gravity. A more detailed look into the socio-mythic implications of the "shiny guy" motif may have instituted said heart-melting, but as is, a resounding naught.
And she stole my crayon.
2:34 PM Tues February 26, 2008

RE: I got no snark on this
by Shih Tzu
I like how earnestly and solemnly she explains that it blowed up Princess Leia's planet.
3:45 PM Tues February 26, 2008

RE: I got no snark on this
by shiny guy
Plastic Mag, you would make a great kindergarden teacher.
LOL!
10:43 AM Wed February 27, 2008

-
by rigozzi
I love the bit where a notepad appears and she seems to be reading her notes on star wars.
12:41 PM Mon February 25, 2008

-
by ---wipe Johnson
"Obi Kenobi's teaching Luke how to learn how to do his little light-up sword."
Kid's these days are so condescending towards the Force.
1:06 PM Mon February 25, 2008

The force
by infallible
I know! It's like they think it's some hokey religion.
1:32 PM Mon February 25, 2008

RE:-
by Some kid these days
Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
1:39 PM Mon February 25, 2008

RE:-
by SouthofHeaven
And it's not like their sad devotion to that ancient religion has helped them conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given them clairvoyance enough to find the rebels' hidden fort-aaaacck-AAAACCCKKK!!!
2:06 PM Mon February 25, 2008

---- Yo Couch, N----.
by Global Warming1
The little girl didn't even get hit in the crotch or fall out of a car or anything. What a sucky video.
1:26 PM Mon February 25, 2008

good job
by alright
This is way more entertaining than any of the prequels.
4:15 PM Mon February 25, 2008

encore!
by leia
maybe she could make sense of the three prequels. Now THAT would be an achievement!
11:28 PM Mon February 25, 2008

Here's a couple of videos related to the video up above. - OlderMusicGeek





The site of the original video
The A.V. Club site with the video and the comments
The site of the parody video - with comments from people who OBVIOUSLY never had a sense of humor!
The site of the video with clips

No comments:

Search This Blog

My Twitter Page On Entertainment

Music That I've Enjoyed Recently

My Internet Radio Stations


This is a fairly good sampling of some of the music I listen to. It's missing a few genres I like - such as cajun. I'll work on that later. But it does contain most of my favorite artists. I tried to steer away from the better known songs to give you a better idea of what kind of music the artists play, but I was limited by the songs the website - Project Playlist - had available. But if you want to get an idea of what I listen to, just hit the play or arrow button. - OlderMusicGeek

The internet station that does the best of playing my music is Last.fm. Here's my station if you're interested.

This website, OlderMusicGeek Radio on Pandora.com, does a fairly decent job of playing what I like, although they do occasionally play stuff I don't care for, but overall they're pretty good.